How to Fix Connection Failed with Error 651 in Windows 7, 8, 10 – thetop10listing.com
- 1 What is Error 651?
- 2 When Error 651 Occurs?
- 3 My Best 8 Ways to Fix Connection Failed With Error 651 in Windows 7,8,10
- 3.1 1. Recreate Dial Up Connection
- 3.2 2. Reconnect your connecting device
- 3.3 3. Reinstall Netwrok Adapter
- 3.4 4. Set up a new PPPoE connection on your Windows
- 3.5 5. Update resppoe.sys file and NIC driver
- 3.6 6. Disable Auto-tuning Feature
- 3.7 7. Reset TCP/IP on your computer or laptop
- 3.8 8. Boot your system in a Safe Mode (Final Method to Fix Connection Failed with Error 651)
- 3.9 Suggested Read:-
- 3.10 My Final Words to You! (Conclusion)
Howdy Folks! How you all doing? I know all of you are facing error 651, and don’t worry you are at right place. After reading this, I am sure you will never face this problem again in your life. I know how frustrating this error is. One of my blog reader personally ping me and asked me to write on this particular topic, so today we are going to discuss “How to Fix Connection Failed With Error 651 in Windows 7, 8, 10”.
But before moving forward with the solutions to solve this error, first, I will tell you in brief about Error 651, and when this error occurs.
What is Error 651?
Error 651 is a common Windows error. This error occurs when you try to connect using your PPPoE connections. Only windows user can better understand this error. The error code 651 occurs due to multiple reasons. The reasons can be IP address issues, Registry errors or misplace of Raspppoe.sys file etc. But, I am not going to discuss its reasons here because today, we have to focus on its solution only.
When Error 651 Occurs?
Error 651 usually occurs when we try to establish an internet connectivity using a broadband connection and if this problem occurs then you might see an errors which display Error 651: The modem (or the other connecting device) has reported an error and usually the message will be titled as “Connection failed with Error 651”. So how to solve this error ? Well, there is no official solution to fix this error, but there are some common troubleshooting methods which worked for many users so I have collected some of the most working solutions that will help you to solve this Error 651.
So, are you ready to dive into the core part of today’s article? Yes? Okay!
Now, I will be going to share with you… Be ready to Fix Connection Failed with Error 651
My Best 8 Ways to Fix Connection Failed With Error 651 in Windows 7,8,10
As I mentioned above, these are not an official method to solve Error 651 but are only troubleshooting methods which you can try to Fix Connection Failed with Error 651.
Let’s proceed further with the ways:
1. Recreate Dial Up Connection
By Recreating a Dial-up Connection, you can fix your Error code 651. This one is the best method to resolve this error.
How to Recreate Dial-Up Connection in Windows?
- You have to Open the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Under the Control panel, move forward to the Network and Sharing Centre.
- Click Set up a new connection or network.
- Now you have to Select Set up a dial-up connection.
- Fill in the form with the following and then click Create.Dial-up phone number
- The Wizard will attempt to connect to the dial-up internet. If it fails (for example, the phone line is occupied by a phone call) ignore the error message and click Skip and try to connect again when the phone line isn’t busy.
- Once, the dial-up connection or the connectivity established, you will be online.
2. Reconnect your connecting device
This one is a very easy method, and maybe you have already done this. You can reconnect all of your networks connecting device once again after restarting them, it can also fix Connection Failed with Error 651, reconnect your devices whether it is a router or any other connecting device.
3. Reinstall Netwrok Adapter
Sometimes, there may be an issue in the Network Adapter, by re-installing that adapter only, the issue can be resolved.
How to Reinstall Network Adapter in Windows?
- Open the Control Panel of your device.
- On the top right corner, you will find a search bar, just write “Device Manager” in it.
- Open the Device Manager and look for the Network Adapter section.
- Now you have to select the Network Adapter which is creating a problem, and just re-install it.
4. Set up a new PPPoE connection on your Windows
By just setting up a new PPPoE connection, your problem of Error code 651 can be resolved. If the above methods are not working then try this one.
How to Set up a new PPPoE connection on Windows?
- Click on Start button and then, move towards Control Panel.
- Go to Network and Sharing Center.
- Now you have to Select on Set up a new connection or network.
- You will see a wizard will appear on the screen. Choose Connect to the Internet.
- Select Set up a new connection anyway.
- After that, you have to Select Broadband (PPPoE)
- Now, Enter the username and password given by your ISP and then, click on Connect.
If you can successfully connect to the internet using the Dial-up connection that was created it means that the username and password are correct and the modem is properly set to Bridged mode.
5. Update resppoe.sys file and NIC driver
Sometimes, there is need to update the resppoe.sys file and the NIC driver, because there can be a possibility that the error occurs due to problems in resppoe.sys file or NIC driver. So, it ie better or advisable to update your pc resppoe.sys file and the NIC driver, in this case.
6. Disable Auto-tuning Feature
This is also a method which sometimes can the error 651. You can disable the Auto-Tuning Feature.
Follow the steps below to do the same.
How to Disable Auto-Tuning Feature?
To disable the Receive Window Auto-Tuning feature for HTTP traffic, follow these steps:
- Log on to the computer as a user who has administrative credentials.
- Click on Start, type runas /user: local_computer_name\administrator cmd in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- When you are prompted for the administrator account password, type the correct password, and then press ENTER.
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
- Leave or exit the Command Prompt window.
- Now, you have to Restart the computer.
7. Reset TCP/IP on your computer or laptop
If you still can’t Fix Connection Failed with Error 651, then I am sure this one will work for you. Just reset the TCP/IP on your pc or laptop. This will surely fix windows 651 error.
Whether you are using Window 7, 8, or 10 just follow the below-mentioned steps in order to reset the TCP/ IP on your pc.
How to Reset TCP/IP on PC/Laptop?
- Open the Start menu by clicking the orb in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
- You have to type “cmd” in the search box and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now just, right-click on cmd in the search results for Programs, and select Run as administrator. Depending on your computer settings, you may be asked to provide an administrator password before you can continue. If you don’t assign your admin password then it will not ask for the same.
- A black box with a flashing cursor will open; this is the Command Prompt. Type “netsh int IP reset” and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Wait for the Command Prompt to run through the TCP/IP reset.
- Once it’s complete, you’ll need to restart your computer to finish.
8. Boot your system in a Safe Mode (Final Method to Fix Connection Failed with Error 651)
The last but not least, if the above mentioned-methods not worked for you then you have this last option with you. If you still face that error code 651 problem then you can personally ping me, I will help you out for sure. 😉
You have to follow the below-mentioned steps in order to Boot your system in Safe Mode.
Steps to Boot PC in a Safe Mode
- First of all, you have to restart your PC/ Laptop.
- Then after restarting the pc, just tap an F8 key.
- After tapping that key, you will see an Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Now, you can use your UP and Down key to make your selection.
- Now select Safe Mode with Networking from there and press ENTER.
- After doing this, you will observe that the driver is loading.
- When the driver loading is completed, you will see a welcome screen.
- Now log on to your computer using an account with administrator privileges.
- Now, you are all set. You have successfully booted your PC.
That’s all about the troubleshooting methods.
- How To See Saved Wifi Password in Android Without Root
- How to Download Paid Apps for free on Android Without Root!
- Top 10 Best Virtual Girlfriend Apps for Android
- 10 Best Free Anime Streaming Sites to Watch Anime Online (2018 Latest)
- How to Get Google Play Credit Free
- Top 10 Best Free Unlimited VPN for Android 2018
- How to Permanently Delete Snapchat Account?
- How to Change Android IMEI Number With Root or Without Root
My Final Words to You! (Conclusion)
Okay, so we have reached the end of today’s article. I hope you will now resolve or fix Connection Failed with Error 651. And as I said above, if you still can’t able to fix it then you can ping me personally or mentioned your problem in the comment section, I will be happy to help you out. And If you feel that I forget to mention any other best trouble shooting method for the same then do let me know about it. And don’t forget to share this valuable piece of content with other people who are facing the same issues. Thanks for sharing your precious time with me. Okay! Bye-Bye! Have a Great Time. And keep visiting @thetop10listing.com.